Monday 18 June 2012

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation






Finding a perfect foundation is a hard process as matching the perfect shade and best type of foundation for your skin takes a lot of trial and error. I think finding the right foundation for you is the key to any makeup look as you always need a flawless base on which to build upon. This Rimmel 'Wake Me Up' foundation has had some fantastic reviews within the blogging community and I can sure see why!
Since I have been extremely interested in beauty products I have had a vested interest in searching out the perfect foundation. I have read endless reviews on high end and drugstore foundations and found that this has been rated one of the best drugstore foundations and as for this I ran to Boots to pick it up and have a try.


I really enjoy trying out new foundations, I don't really know why but there is something exciting about finding that perfect foundation that works perfectly for you. I picked up this foundation in the shade '001 Ivory' which is the lightest shade. I do find matching up foundations to my skin a challenge as although my skin is very clear it is quite uneven and by this I mean I have red cheeks, a tanned forehead, lots of freckles and pale round the side of my face. For this reason It is difficult to match up the correct colour that blends well into my skin and doesn't look ashy or too orange. 


absolutely love this foundation, It creates a light to medium coverage which is build-able and leaves your skin looking dewy, fresh, radiant and flawless. It claims to have an 'anti-fatigue effect' which I definitely agree with as it makes your face look bright and radiant and this is exactly the effect I am after. Even though this foundation is from a drugstore, it has great staying power and I found that when I applied it at 7am it pretty much lasted throughout the whole day until around 7pm.


I apply this mainly using my fingers, I normally use my Real Techniques stippling brush to apply foundation but I found that this foundation works better by warming  it up between my fingers first and starting from the center of my face gently applying across the whole face. It really leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy which is so lovely, especially in the summer. In addition to this, the packaging is gorgeous which to me is another huge plus point, the glass bottle makes it look expensive and the pump design allows you to easily gather the right amount needed.I really recommend this foundation, its a great cheaper drugstore alternative to some of those higher end expensive foundations. 


What foundations are you loving this summer?



No comments: