Friday 6 April 2012

Nailed it


Wow it has been such a long time since I last posted! I am currently on my Easter Holidays yet all I have done is revise, revise, revise for my A level exams in May. Its a stressful time so I have found that blogging has sadly been deprived! I love writing posts so this was high on my to do list (after 9 hours of revision!)

I painted my nails last week with these two colours and couldn't wait to write a post about it. Firstly I applied 'Venus Was Her Name' by Jessica. This is the most beautiful colour as it appears like a grey shade but in the light it shimmers with pink purple and blue undertones. It is a great colour for all year round and a beautiful base colour to layer ontop another. 

The last time I went to Westfield I ended up purchasing the cheapest nail polish  (£1) from Beauty Base! I loved the pretty colour and of course the tempting price! I wasn't too optimistic that the colour would transfer onto the nails as it was so cheap however I was pleasantly surprised. If applied on its own two coats are needed however I prefer this layered ontop of a base colour.
I knew that these two colours would compliment each other because of the blue and purple undertones in each. I love the effect that the glitter has on the Jessica nail polish, a perfect combination in my opinion!

Im absolutely love painting my nails at the moment! I have been loving the Topshop range and cannot wait to get my hands on some more!

What nail polish's do you recommend?




No comments: